The DespertaLab scenic creation cycle was born with the aim to support the emerging and experimental theatrical creation and it is granted by Nau Ivanow and Sala Atrium from Barcelona.
This cycle makes available to the selected companies the space and the appropriate technical conditions for the creation, production, communication, dissemination and exhibition of their work.
The cycle supports companies in the process of creating their works to contribute to their integration into professional networks of diffusion and artistic exhibition. Further than just giving the resources for the presentation of a show, the Grant offers a training experience that gives them the necessary resources and skills for future professional challenges, assisting in the creation process, production, communication and exhibition. Therefore, it is meant to enhance the project’s life span beyond the grant itself, establishing partnerships with other exhibition spaces in the territory or abroad.
The selected project obtains these benefits:
- Residence for 5 weeks, both artistic (in rehearsal spaces) and technical (in the Nau Ivanow theatre).
- Hiring of up to 5 people from the company according to the artist’s legal agreement during the 5 weeks residence.
- 3 weeks exhibition in Sala Atrium.
- Communication and dissemination of the cycle and the show.
- Training in project management.
- Recording of the work and the creation process. – Photo shoots.
- Monitoring of the process by Recomana.cat.
- Residence in Cal Gras (Avinyó).
- Mentoring by creators with experience.